Wednesday 20 August 2008

Safe Arrival

Hello there

Just to let you know I've arrived safely in Juba. It took a while longer than intended due to a flight delay (7 hours) in Addis. It's not a huge airport, so I became quite familiar with the place. The airport did give us a free lunch. This included some sort of meat dish - I'm not sure entirely what is was but I definitely caught site of a cross-section of vertebrae in there, so I politely declined. The rest of it was very tastey.

Anyhow, myself (and importantly all my baggage plus one undamaged yet very out of tune baby taylor guitar) all arrived ok and I was met by the guys here, so no worries. We appear to be staying in a catholic monastry of some kind. Lots of people there called "Father" who are all very nice. Accommodation is realatively good and the food appears well above average!

I'm still rather tired by it all but generally very excited to be here. No GI upsets so far...

When David and I formulate a masterplan and mission objectives for the trip I'll post again. The internet is intermittent and can be painfully slow, so I'll have to see how it goes uploading photos. I'll do my best as they're far more interesting for you.

Comments / emails always very welcome.

James

No comments: